Akregator problem

Kevin B. O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Fri Mar 9 17:53:57 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 15:45 +0100, Alexander wrote:
> Am Freitag, 9. März 2007 15:36 schrieb Kevin B. O'Brien:
> > I am suddenly having a problem opening Akregator. When I try to open it
> > >from the menu, it starts to open, and I get the hourglass, but it nevers
> > finishes opening. Any idea how I can fix this?
> >
> > Thank you,
>
> Just a wild shot:
> Try open it in a console and see if there are errors.
> Look in /var/log/messages.
> Did you change anything? Did Akregator crash on last session? Most of the things don't happens suddenly. :-)
> Is Kontact running?

I could not open it in console. /var/log/messages didn't seem to mention
akregator by name that I could find. I tried to open Akregator and see
if that wrote anything to this file, but it did not. Kontact was not
running.

Finally I decided to try the unsubtle approach, and removed Akregator,
then re-installed. That seems to have it back up and running, and thanks
to the sensible way Linux stores application data, I didn't lose any
settings in the process.<g>

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL