Kate as default viewer single instance

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:39:30 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 16:18:04 Alexander wrote:
> Am Freitag, 9. März 2007 14:39 schrieb Frank Reifenstahl:
> > It is. Open KDE control center / file assignments, select file type,
> > edit the kate entry and change the command to "kate -u %U". Repeat for
> > other file types.
> >
> > Regards
> > Frank
>
> Perfect, works!
> But i didn't have to do it for other filetypes. It takes over the -u for
> all Files opening with Kate.
>
> Just a question? what does %U mean? Selected File or something?

You can do this without modifying each file's association, by editing the
KMenu's entry for kate - there you can set the command to kate -u %U. KDE
will honour this each time it tries to launch kate for editing.

%U is a placeholder for the file's name, I think.

--
Blade hails you...

Take my life if you have the heart to die
                              --Nightwish