kwm: debugging cause of death

Blues Renegade bluesrenegade at cmaaccess.com
Tue Mar 6 01:39:14 GMT 2007

How are you connecting WinAxe to the remote CentOS?  Are you using SSH
or XDMCP?

My guess is that the desktop is trying to run the screensaver, so I'd
look for a keepalive setting on the connection. I know that PuTTY has a
keep alive setting on the Windows side. Why not turn off the screensaver
and see if the problem is gone or not?

I use PuTTY to make an SSH connection on the Windows side and Xming for
the Xserver. I don't recall if they are both open source, but they are
both FREE, for sure.

Another thing you might try is downloading Xming and using that in place
of WinAxe. Make sure you download the fonts, too, as you'll most likely
need them.

John