Window-Specific Settings: Documentation?

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Sun Mar 4 06:45:50 GMT 2007

Hi Kevin,

| On Saturday 03 March 2007 10:18, Ryo Furue wrote:
|
| > That was helpful.  The windows-how-to-work.html page tells you
| > that instead of Window-specific configurations,  you can do this:
| >
| >    kstart --type Dock  yourapplication
| >
| > to remove window decorations.  Unfortunately, the application
| > still appears in the task bar.
|
| See
| kstart --help
| for more option, i.e. --skiptaskbar

Oops, I missed that option.  Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately, there's a strange interaction with "--type Dock".

  $ kstart --skiptaskbar  yourapp

    # --> Not on taskbar, but with decoration.

  $ kstart --type Dock  yourapp

    # --> No decoration, but on taskbar.

  $ kstart --skiptaskbar --type Dock  yourapp

    # --> With decoration and on taskbar.

  $ kstart --type Dock --skiptaskbar  yourapp

    # --> With decoration and on taskbar.

That is, you can't have a window without window decorations
and without being shown on the taskbar.  Is it time to submit
a bug report?  Or is there some reason behind this behavior?
I don't understand what a "type" is, so I may be missing something.

Ryo