Konqueror: Copy files progress: keep window open

Robin Atwood robin.atwood at attglobal.net
Thu Mar 1 12:45:38 GMT 2007

On Thursday 01 Mar 2007, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood at attglobal.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 Feb 2007, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
> > > When I download a file in Konqueror, a "Copy File Progress" window
> > > opens. This has a check box near the bottom: "Keep this window open
> > > after transfer is complete"
> > > which is off by default.
> > >
> > > If a download is very small, there is no time to check this box before
> > > the window dissapears.
> > >
> > > I want to change the default for this box to "on", but I don't see any
> > > configuration item in settings for it.
> >
> > Start a really big download, go in and change the dialog defaults? ;)
>
> I don't see any configuration items on the "Copy File Progress" window,
> so I don't see how this helps.

There are several things you can do. RMB on the window title bar and select
Advanced/Special Window Settings... and you can set just about everything.
Or, in KCC select KDE Components/File Manager/Behavior and check the
box "Show network operations in a single window". This window can be
configured to be kept always open.

HTH
-Robin.
Robin Atwood