Multiple key bindings, is it possible?

Patrick Nagel mail at patrick-nagel.net
Fri Jun 29 19:54:35 BST 2007

Hi John,

John Pierce (Friday, 2007-06-29):
> Hello!
>
> I have configured kde to use the laptop multimedia buttons on my machine.
>
> I have them configured to operate amarok, previous, next, stop,
> play/pause etc, is is possible to have them also configured to use
> with xine at the same time.  I would like to be able to use them with
> xine while watching a movie and amarok while listening to my music.

I think the proper way to bind those hotkeys, is to make them emit the proper
XF86 key symbols (or whatever they are called). I have the following entries
in my ~/.Xmodmap:

keycode 129 = XF86Music
keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 164 = XF86AudioStop
keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute

You can figure out the keycodes with "xev".
They work in various programs without any further configuration.

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4