Multiple key bindings, is it possible?

Sascha Hlusiak saschahlusiak at arcor.de
Fri Jun 29 19:35:37 BST 2007

> I have configured kde to use the laptop multimedia buttons on my machine.
>
> I have them configured to operate amarok, previous, next, stop,
> play/pause etc, is is possible to have them also configured to use
> with xine at the same time.  I would like to be able to use them with
> xine while watching a movie and amarok while listening to my music.

I'd configure these hotkeys per application. Amarok can configure global
hotkeys by itself and I hope, so can xine (don't know). The application
grabs the hotkey when starting up, so the first one get's it. I am doing
this with Amarok and Audacious so I can switch the application and still
use the same hotkey.

Cheers,
Sascha