How to autostart applications on login?

Luis Mendre mendre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:37:49 BST 2007

What i did was create a file in the kde/Autostart folder and named
startprograms.sh and make it executable whit this inside:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 2 && beryl-manager;                    <====2 seconds
sleep 4 && /usr/bin/net_applet --force;    <====4 seconds
sleep 6 && amarok;                               <====6 seconds
sleep 8 && kget;                                   <====8 seconds
sleep 10 && smb4k;                              <===10 seconds
and it will start my applications # of seconds after kde is runing.

On 6/26/07, Patrick Nagel <mail at patrick-nagel.net> wrote:

> Go to ~/.kde/Autostart (you can type that into the address bar of
> konqueror).
>
> Inside that folder, press the right mouse button over empty space and
> select "Create New" / "Link to application...". Go to the "Application"
> tab
> and press the "Browse..." button next to "Command" and find your program.
> You can additionally fill out the other fields.
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick.
>
> David (Tuesday, 2007-06-26):
> > Sorry if the question is too trivial.
> >
> > If I want to have some application started (like amsn whose "existence"
> is
> > not saved on logout) or services like beagled (kerry has a bug and does
> not
> > start it), is this one the only possibility:
> >
> http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php/Starting_a_program_automatically_whe
> >n_KDE_starts?
> >
> > Or, is there any other, more user friendly, tool?
> >
> > Thank you a lot,
> >
> > David
>

> --
> Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
> Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4

Everything you can do with that other OS you can do in PCLinuxOS without
worrying about virus infections, adware or spyware.
Linux Registered user #390337 - http://www.pclinuxos.com/ = "Radically
Simple"