[kdepim-users] Using KAddressBook with Thunderbird

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 26 16:33:21 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 15:31, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 26/06/07, Jan de Visser <jdevisser at digitalfairway.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 June 2007 09:09:04 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > I have checked under all of them and none of them have a place to
> > > choose an email client. This is on Ubuntu with KDE installed (not
> > > Kubuntu). What does the icon for "Component Chooser" look like? Maybe
> > > I can identify it such.
> >
> > Alt-F2 -> kcontrol,
> >
> > http://www.devisser-siderius.com/default_apps.png
> >
> > jan
>
> I see that you have 9 items under KDE Components. For some reason, I
> have only 7. I'm missing "Default Applications" and "Service Manager".
>
> Dotan Cohen

I've just booted up Kubuntu, and opened the control, which is named "settings"
on Kubuntu, and looks more like a Gnome control centre. Anyway all 9 items
are there, and the component chooser one just looks like a sheet of paper
with one corner turned up.

I've often found the odd menu item missing, and usually look
in /usr/share/applications/kde. In this instance there are 2 files. One named
"componentchooser.desktop", and the other is named
"defaultapplication.desktop". Both when clicked on, open the component
chooser.

It's worth a look Dotan.

Nigel.