DDC/CI applet for KDE

Wolfgang Frisch xororand at unfoog.de
Thu Jun 21 02:45:14 BST 2007

Hello.

I've recently discovered that many displays can be controlled by
software using the VESA DDC/CI protocol. There's already a command line
interface for that too, called ddccontrol
(http://ddccontrol.sourceforge.net/) which works just fine for my
display. It also comes with a GTK interface which doesn't work very
well for me - in contrast to the cmdline utility.

So I'm wondering if anyone's in the mood to create a KDE frontend for
the ddccontrol library, possibly a taskbar applet. It would be quite
cool to change the brightness, contrast and color temperature of your
monitor with a single click in the KDE taskbar :) I imagine something
very similar to KMix, with sliders for the various settings.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Wolfgang Frisch