Bad looking fonts on Fedora 7 and latest KDE Branch 3.5

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Tue Jun 5 17:09:56 BST 2007

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:55:34 -0500
Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > A little clarification.  The fonts that don't look good on our
> > system aren't that way because I am not logged in as root.  The
> > only time fonts look bad on our system is when I am running Branch
> > 3.5 KDE compiled from SVN.  [snip]
>
> Is it possible you have a funny version of freetype or some such in
> $KDEDIR? That's the only thing I can think of that would explain
> this...
>
> (I remember I had a similar issue at some point; IIRC, I fixed it by
> tinkering with freetype's config.)

Hello, Matthew
The version of freetype that I have installed is as follows:
2.3.4-3.fc7

It is the version that ships with Fedora 7.  Not that that doesn't make
it funny, of course, but at least it shows that "I" did not make it
funny :)
I will start tinkering with freetype right now.  I'll let everyone know
what happens....

Steven P. Ulrick

--
 11:06:57 up  2:48,  0 users,  load average: 3.73, 3.55, 3.17