Unwanted Konqueror behaviour with file name extensions

Malcolm Fitzgerald lists at notyourhomework.net
Fri Jun 1 00:59:01 BST 2007

On 01/06/2007, at 6:59 AM, Robert Spangler wrote:

> On Thu May 31 2007 04:09, Never you mind wrote:
>
>>  I'm accessing a computer via ssh. Using konqueror I can type
>>  fish://user@myurl/path/to/file and browse the file system. That's
>>  great. My problem arises with the naming conventions on the computer.
>>  It has been set up to be a test bed for web development and the
>>  directories are named according to their domain. There are lots of
>> .au
>>  domains. I can't access any directory that ends in .au because
>>  konqueror treats it as a multimedia file and offers a bunch of
>>  play/stop buttons instead of listing the directory contents.
>>
>>  How can I modify the behaviour of konqueror?
>
> I'm not seeing this behavior here but you could try the following;
>
> VIEW->VIEW MODE->TREE
> or
> VIEW->VIEW MODE->TEXT VIEW
>
> I think the last one will be more to your liking and should allow you
> to look
> into directories without changing your settings.

Konq reports the directories as ULAW (Sun) Audio

VIEW->VIEW MODE->TEXT VIEW doesn't work, the only way to access the
directory is to double click the name, which then puts the browser into
"noatun" mode. Once in "noatun" mode the "view mode" option does not
appear in the view  menu :-)

VIEW->VIEW MODE->TREE works with conditions.
I have to set the view mode before arriving at the directory
If I double click the name, I'm asked if I want to open the directory
with noatun
I can click on the + to reveal the contents of the directory

That's enough to get me working, so I'm pleased.

All in all that's pretty lame. The interface is interfering.

malcolm

Malcolm Fitzgerald

T: 0403 972 660 E: thats at notyourhomework.net

FOR YOUR COMPUTER Customised software built to your specifications.
Using Macs? Automate your workflow with AppleScript. FOR YOU Computer
training, software installation + upgrades, computer setups. IN TIMES
OF NEED Troubleshooting, maintenance + repairs.

That's Not Your Homework
ABN 91 398 224 929