Bad looking fonts on Fedora 7 and latest KDE Branch 3.5

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Sun Jun 3 14:53:05 BST 2007

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 14:19:23 +0100
Philip Rodrigues <philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Later I will have to get back to you on this.  But one thing comes
> > to mind: before my upgrade from Fedora Core 6, I could choose about
> > any true type font that I wanted and it just worked: it was
> > smooth.  (I could even use Comic Sans...  Times New Roman...)
> > Now, the only difference being having Fedora 7, fonts that I Know
> > worked perfectly before now look terrible.
>
> A screenshot of one of these truetype fonts in 3.5 vs branch would be
> useful.
>
> Regards,
> Philip

Hello Phillip
Here are two screenshots of Konqueror with Comic Sans as the test font:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-Konqueror-ComicSans-01.jpg
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-Konqueror-ComicSans-02.jpg

Steven P. Ulrick

--
 08:47:39 up 1 day, 14:40,  2 users,  load average: 2.05, 2.03, 1.30