Bad looking fonts on Fedora 7 and latest KDE Branch 3.5

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Sat Jun 2 23:23:30 BST 2007

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 18:27:09 +0100
Philip Rodrigues <philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> > 6. The result is as follows:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-001.jpg
> >
> > You will notice that I have Konsole and Gnome-terminal open side by
> > side and I ran "ls" in my home directory just to get something to
> > display.  You will further notice that the fonts in Konsole are very
> > rough looking and sometimes blend together.  In addition, the fonts
> > in Gnome-terminal are nice and smooth looking (just like all my
> > fonts were in all non-gtk1 applications before I upgraded to Fedora
> > 7) Also, if I log into a completely fresh user account using the
> > KDE that ships with Fedora 7, the fonts look perfect.
>
> Just looks like you need to choose a non-bitmap font for konsole if
> you want antialiasing there. Or am I missing something?
>
> Regards,
> Philip

Hello, Philip
I guess I did leave that impressions.
I just used Konsole and Gnome-terminal as an example.  Actually,
everything in my Branch 3.5 install of KDE has bad fonts.

Here are three examples of bad looking fonts:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-Desktop.jpg
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-KMenu.jpg
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-Konqueror.jpg

Here is an interesting one that I just thought of doing:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/screenshot-TwoKonquerors.jpg

In this screenshot, the Konqueror on the left is compiled from SVN
Branch 3.5.  The other one is Konqueror that ships with Fedora 7.  Both
of them are open to my home directory.  Also, both use the Sans font
size 10.

If you have any more questions, I would be glad to oblige.  Again, this
is the first time that I've had an issue like this one, and I've been
using Linux since Redhat 7...

Have a Great Night,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 17:03:10 up 22:56,  2 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.14, 0.24