Extracting a passge from a long sound file

Charles Bacon crtb at cape.com
Mon Jul 30 17:23:08 BST 2007

Consider audacity, an excellent free sound editor.  It displays the
whole extent of a music file (ogg, wav, mp3 etc) pictorially, allows
fine zooming into the timeline so you can snip exactly and save a
selected section.  Some effects are also possible, but mainly I have
used it to clip successive parts of a concert and prepare tracks on
a CD.  Easy to use.
 	Chuck Bacon -- crtb at cape.com
 		ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY