kmail, multiple accounts...identity option useless?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jul 28 14:59:49 BST 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007, Julius wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2007 21:00:58 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 July 2007, Julius wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > ive tried to use 2 different pop3 accounts with kmail, after reading
> > > about "identities" i thought that it shouldnt be a problem to tell
> > > kmail to use email address xyz with outgoing server xyz.
> > > but below identites i can only set things i dont need, how do i tell
> > > kde not to use the first outgoing server for my emails?
> >
> > Tab "Advanced", option is called "Special transport"
> >
> > Check the option and select the SMTP transport you want to use for the
> > identity.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Thx, that option should be placed somwhere more visible.

Settings dialogs are always a bit hard to get right, especially when new
features are added. Hopefully the ongoing contributions of the usability
experts from openusability.org will make it easier for developers to spot
such issues earlier in the development process.

Btw, you time settings seem to be messed up. Your mails are almost two weeks
old.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring