opening linked files

Scott Bicknell scotbicknel at cox.net
Fri Jul 27 23:36:46 BST 2007

On Friday, July 27, 2007 2:28:39 am pol wrote:

> I would like konqueror to start a program when selecticng a
> link file, rather that opening  file the link is pointing to.

If I understand correctly, you want to maybe run a script instead
of the program usually associated with files of that type?

> That would allow to start a script that chances to the
> directory, before opening.
>
> Any ideas?

Write a shell script that changes to the directory you want, then
runs the program and loads a file from its command-line
arguments.

Then open the settings dialog for the filetype in question and
specify your shell script as the program to run when opening
files of that type.

Does that answer your question? Not sure I understand, but that
seems to be what you want to do.
--
Scott