three different power managers

pol linux_milano at yahoo.it
Sat Jul 21 08:51:23 BST 2007

<posted & mailed>

Hi all,

My laptop happen to have installed three different power managers:
 1. klaptop
 2. "power manager"
 3. kpowersave

Surely they are conflicting, so I need your help to fix desktop setup.
I have been told that klaptop is the oldest and unmaintained one.
Although klaptop has been closed, kcontrol->powercontrol->laptop battery
still seems an active configuration. How is that related to klaptop?

I would keep kpowersave only, but i cannot quit "power manager", which
restarts at every new session.
Any suggestions?

By the way, how is that no warning has been issued, as the user was
installing conflicting packages?

Thank you for your help

--
Pol