Problem with amarok, kmix on startup

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 08:48:21 BST 2007

On Saturday 14 July 2007 05:26:52 John Pierce wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have recently developed a problem and have had no luck with googling for
> it.
>
> When I log into my account amarok suddenly load two instances of it
> self and the kmix applet no longer starts minimized in the taskbar, it
> load and is popped up on the desktop.
>
> I have looked at the amarokrc and kmixerrc files in the
> ~/.kde/share/config directory and have not seen anything obvious about
> them loading.
>
> I am running kde 3.5.7 build 01 on fedora 7.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

For kmix, uncheck the option "Restore volumes on startup".

About amarok: are you using a saved session or you restore the previous one?
(Control Center -> KDE Components -> Session Manager). If you are using a
saved one, close all amarok instances, start a single new one and save your
session (KMenu -> Save Session). If you are using a restored previous
session, also close all amarok instances then logout and login back and see
if amarok starts at all. Then leave a single session running if you'd like
to.

Best regards.

--
Blade hails you...