ksmserver: ksayit canceled shutdown

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Jan 31 17:10:38 GMT 2007

When I try to logout of a KDE (3.5.5a on Debian GNU/Linux) I can't.
After that, the window controls (minimimize, resize, maximize, click
on title bar and dray to move) don't work.  However, the window menus
and kicker remain responsive.

.xsession-errors says
ksmserver: WARNING: Client ksayit (xxxx) canceled shutdown.

There is a ksayit applet running, as well as amarok.  Quitting the two
applets doesn't help: when I logout, nothing happens--no dialogue box
or any other response.  .xsession-errors shows a few
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Any suggestions?

This on my daughter's account; mine does not have ksayit running and I
am able to logout from it.

Thanks.
Ross