message whem running apps from command line

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 21:51:12 GMT 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 3:39:06 pm ben miller wrote:
> Anytime I run a KDE app from the command line, I get this output before the
> app even loads. It doesn't seem to matter as all my apps work fine but I am
> curious as to what it means:
>
> Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device

You have some devices setup in your xorg.conf file that are not real.

Eliminate the wacom tablet, etc. devices

Take out the Sections for the Wacom Erasor, Cursor, and stylus in
the "inputDevice" section.

Then in the "Serverlayout" Section near the bottom erase the following three
lines:

	InputDevice     "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
	InputDevice     "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
	InputDevice     "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"

Put the "SendCoreEvents" part after your primary mouse pointer definition if
you want or need it.

Then Restart X and you will not get those error messages.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

If "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise,"
I must have stayed up too late, and stayed in bed too long!

http://home.comcast.net/~dhcolesj