Konqueror and including CSS with Ajax

Neill Jones neilljones at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 16:26:21 GMT 2007

Hi all

I hope this is the right list - I couldn't find one for Konqueror
specifically but if there
is one, please let me know.

I'm in the middle of writing a web app which uses AJAX to include XHTML and
CSS, and am having trouble getting Konqueror to recognise the css link
request
downloaded in the AJAX request. This works in IE6+, firefox, Opera, and
Epiphany
but not Konqueror. Does anyone know a workaround or alternative
technique which
will work for Konqueror?

In more detail ...

I have a web page with a button that replaces the contents of one <div>
with the
results of the ajax server request which includes some css. e.g.

becomes

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="pathtocss/setcolourtored.css">
    Here is the rest of the code downloaded

where the setcolourtored.css changes the text colour to red.

In all the other browsers above, the text "Here is the rest of the code
downloaded" is red,
whereas in Konqueror it stays the standard colour, which shows Konqueror
doesn't download
the stylesheet or doesn't interpret it.

Hope this makes sense (and this is the right list!)

Regards

Neill Jones