How to use Kopete with webcam

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jan 25 18:04:37 GMT 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 17:24, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Hi Kevin. I've had a look at that, and it sounds promising.  Next slight
> problem. I've never upgraded any installed KDE packages before.  Any tips,
> as the latest version will no doubt be a tarball, and will want to install
> in /usr/local/bin.

Hmm, the version in question seems to be 0.12, which has been KDE since 3.5.5

Not sure that the lasted released KDE on Kubuntu is, but maybe upgrading the
system could be another option.

As for building from source: not sure if it is possible to build Kopete 0.12
on KDE 3.4, but if it is you'll need the package kdelibs4-dev (4 is correct,
that is actually a KDE3 package) and its dependencies.

I can give you further instructions on this if you choose this route rather
than upgrading Kubuntu

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring