How to use Kopete with webcam

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Jan 24 21:53:22 GMT 2007

I just bought a webcam last saturday from the Aldi supermarket. I got it
reduced from 25€ to 5€. It works after some Gogling to get the colour
working, on Xawtv, and Camstream, but how do I use it with Kopete?

The only thing I could find on Kopete's plugins was "Netmeeting", which uses
gnomemeeting. Is this what I need to use, and how do I setup a connection to
someone else.

I don't want to discredit Linux, and make it look like it's rubbish, so am
just looking for some pointers as to how the webcam works with Kopete.

As you probably asume, I will be contacting folks using MS windows, who are
either using MSN, or AIM.

Nigel.

Webcam: Lifetec LT9388 using ov511+, and well supported with Linux.
Test distro: Kubuntu 5.10
Kernel: 2.6.12-10-386