wlassistant connects but not knetwork manager

Wed Jan 24 18:47:26 GMT 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 20:02 IST, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > How does NetworkManager work? Does it require input from
> > KNetworkManager all the time or works by itself?
> >
> > When i try to connect to an access point NetworkManager processes it in
> > 5 stages. Now here syslog give no more information than that it in one
> > of these 5 states. It seems to wait forever in stage 2. Now, does
> > KNetworkManager have any control over the stages or just receives
> > status information while NetworkManager works through these 5 stages?
>
> I think stage 2 is the one which involves WEP or WPA athentification.
>
> When you are using KNetworkManager it communicates with it and asks it
> for the password, which KNetworkManager then retrieves from your wallet.
>
> Do you have an encrypted network and if you do, do you see any
> wpa_supplicant logging in syslog?

I captured a portion of syslog that shows the failure. I am not sure how to
interpret the information. It occurs on an automatic scan at bootup not a
manual connect.

Kamadhenu is my home network and canovawireless is that of my neighbor's
which succeeded in an automatic connection attempt right after this
failure.
--
Cheers!
kitts