close konsole window == exit?

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:17:28 GMT 2007

about as proper as if you had unplugged the cable I would imagine.
If you know you're going to log off the local machine after you SSH session,
than try something like

you at localhost ssh you at remotehost && exit

when you type exit on the remotehost it will exit with a status 0 and then
the localhost will log you off.
if the exit status is anything but zero (say you lose internet and you get
bumped off) it will not execute the exit command. To do this you must
replace the double-ampersands with a semi-colan ';'  This method doesn't
care about exit status.

On 1/22/07, Daniel Bauer <linux at daniel-bauer.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> usually I close the console window by typing "exit". When I su to another
> user
> or open a ssh session session to another PC etc.... I have to type "exit"
> twice.
>
> Question: what happens when I just close the konsole window by mouse
> click?
> Will it properly log out/close the ssh connection just the same as if I
> typed
> exit?
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Switzerland
> professional photography: http://www.daniel-bauer.com
> Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch

In vino veritas.
        [In wine there is truth.]