Kmenu editor - launching files

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 15:51:47 GMT 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 14:52, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 21 January 2007 15:52, John wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'm try to launch pdf files from the Kmenu using Kmenu edit. I expected
> > to just have to launch the file together with it's path but that doesn't
> > work. I've also tried acroread " path --- file name". That just launches
> > acrobat and it complains that the file doesn't exist. If I drop the
> > quotes it complains that several files don't exist. Just what do I need
> > to do?
>
> Can you try
>
> acroread /full/path/to/file/name.pdf

I did try that and it wouldn't work.

> If it works you can try to have the full path in the entry field for
> working path and just the filename as the argument to acroread
appname - file name only with it's directory place in the working directory
does work. Unlike wine " full path app-name " the quotes don't seem to be
needed around the file name. It works with or without them.

I now find that 2 instances of acroread will not function together where as
kpdf, kgostview are ok. Kpdf is far to slow on some pdf's and neither of
these render text as clearly as acroreader does. See attachment. I've lined
up 6 lines of text. These take up the same amount of space and the page sizes
are identical.

--
Regards
John