automounter

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 13:16:38 GMT 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 05:43, karaluh wrote:
> I'm using kubuntu and would like to automount safedisc protected cd's,
> which doesn't work atm. I would like to fill a bugreport, but I don't know
> what software is responsible for automounting in kubuntu. I think it's
> distro specific, because in Mandriva it was supermount, which for sure in
> kubuntu is not.

Do you have display device Icons turned on in kcontrol?  It could be that
they're showing up just not getting mounted.
In (K)Ubuntu its udev I believe.  And since this is outside the scope of KDE's
handling you'd probably get better info on the Ubuntu mailing lists.

go here, http://www.ubuntu.com/community/lists to find the list you would like
best.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I have switched back to Debian for the moment
and its slightly different.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

If "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise,"
I must have stayed up too late, and stayed in bed too long!

http://home.comcast.net/~dhcolesj