khelper doesnt want to index files

Bogus Zaba b.zaba at britishlibrary.net
Wed Jan 10 19:05:45 GMT 2007

Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> ?????? ?????? wrote:
>

>> Here is the output:
>>
>> INDEXDIR: /home/mudiller/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
>> FINDCMD: find /usr/kde/3.5/share/doc/HTML/en/ -name index.docbook
>> Creating index for 'kde_application_manuals'
>> htdig failed
>>

> As far as I know, the indexing in KHelpCenter is broken everywhere, though
> if anyone can get it to work, I'd be interested to hear about it.
>
> A nice task for KDE 4 (if someone's interested) would be to investigate
> using strigi to index the docs. Tell me if you're interested in trying
> this, and I can help co-ordinate with the docs team and the strigi
> developers.
>
> Regards,
> Philip

I have found that when I work with a brand new Suse distro with KDE
provided, the help system is indexed and the index will find search
items. When I have updated my KDE installation however, the index do no
longer works and refuses to re-build itself despite a lot of playing
around trying to point it at the right directories. Install a new Suse
version with its KDE and it all works again. Not sure if that gives
anybody any clues.

Bogus