khelper doesnt want to index files

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 08:32:10 GMT 2007

?????? ?????? wrote:

> Here is the output:
>
> INDEXDIR: /home/mudiller/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
> FINDCMD: find /usr/kde/3.5/share/doc/HTML/en/ -name index.docbook
> Creating index for 'kde_application_manuals'
> htdig failed

As far as I know, the indexing in KHelpCenter is broken everywhere, though
if anyone can get it to work, I'd be interested to hear about it.

A nice task for KDE 4 (if someone's interested) would be to investigate
using strigi to index the docs. Tell me if you're interested in trying
this, and I can help co-ordinate with the docs team and the strigi
developers.

Regards,
Philip