Amarok 1.4.4 has flat-out stopped working

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 5 22:17:58 GMT 2007

Scott wrote:

> It won't even launch from a terminal.
>
> I type "Amarok" at a bash prompt in Konsole and the cursor just sits
> there.
>
> There is simply no response.
>
> I suppose I should just start over from scratch.  In fact I tried to do
> that and it seems I've not deleted all the appropriate files.
>
> I deleted
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok

The definitive test of whether it's a config problem would be to try with a
new user. Does it work there? Also, check that there's actually an amarok
process running (with ksysguard, or ps or whatever you prefer). strace'ing
the process or attaching gdb to it might give you some clues as to what's
happening.

Regards,
Philip