Knode, floating panels

John Seago johnseago at two-ravens.org.uk
Tue Jan 2 06:29:14 GMT 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 20:32, you wrote:
> On Monday 01 January 2007 11:59 am, John Seago wrote:
> > > The dock windows in my version of Knode have little diagonal
> > > arrow controls under the title bar in their detached view.
> > > Clicking the arrow re-attaches them.
> > >
> > > You can drag them around the user interface to reposition
> > > them.
> >
> > I seem to recall that was how I mended them the last time this
> > happened, however doing so now results in Knode crashing.
>
> Try this:
>
> Open ~/.kde/share/config/knoderc and look for a section labeled
> [dock_configuration]
>
> Make sure that both of these attributes have the value DOCK:
>
> article_viewer:type=DOCK
> header_view:type=DOCK
>
> Then restart knode and see if that fixes the problem.

I looked into ~/.kde/share/config/knoderc, I found that both the linesyou
pointedout did indeed say:
article_viewer:type=DOCK
header_view:type=DOCK

the rest of that section of knoderc was as follows:

[dock_configuration]
Main:Geometry=0,50,1016,657
Main:view=group_view
Main:visible=true
NameList=article_viewer,group_view,header_view,header_view\\,article_viewer
Version=0.0.5
article_viewer,header_view:curTab=0
article_viewer,header_view:dockBackTo=
article_viewer,header_view:dockBackToPos=32
article_viewer,header_view:geometry=23,255,992,452
article_viewer,header_view:parent=___null___
article_viewer,header_view:stayButton=false
article_viewer,header_view:tabNames=article_viewer,header_view
article_viewer,header_view:type=TAB_GROUP
article_viewer,header_view:visible=true
article_viewer:dockBackTo=
article_viewer:dockBackToPos=32
article_viewer:geometry=200,271,820,458
article_viewer:stayButton=false
article_viewer:tabCaption=Article Viewer
article_viewer:tabToolTip=
article_viewer:type=DOCK
article_viewer:visible=false
group_view:stayButton=false
group_view:tabCaption=Group View
group_view:tabToolTip=
group_view:type=DOCK
header_view,article_viewer:first_name=header_view
header_view,article_viewer:geometry=0,0,100,179
header_view,article_viewer:last_name=article_viewer
header_view,article_viewer:orientation=0
header_view,article_viewer:parent=___null___
header_view,article_viewer:sepPos=28
header_view,article_viewer:stayButton=false
header_view,article_viewer:type=GROUP
header_view,article_viewer:visible=false
header_view:dockBackTo=
header_view:dockBackToPos=1
header_view:geometry=196,72,820,149
header_view:stayButton=false
header_view:tabCaption=Header View
header_view:tabToolTip=
header_view:type=DOCK
header_view:visible=false

Perhaps you can suggest a further edit? I am tempted to remove Knode and
reinstall it.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566   http://counter.li.org/