Howto change treble und bass

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Jan 1 16:07:30 GMT 2007

On Sunday 31 December 2006 17:35, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
> I've searched for a approbiate option in KMix but found none. How can I
> adjust treble and bass globally? (for all alsa or at least all arts
> applications)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

I think I'd set the treble and bass with alsamixer, as user, on the CLI. Kmix
appears to be missing some sliders. Saying that I've just opened Kmix on
Kubuntu, and that does have treble and bass sliders, but it is a very
different Kmix to what I normally see.

Anyway back to the plot. I'd also go to Kmix/Settings/ConfigureKMix, and
uncheck the box "Restore volumes on login" .  Kmix has had a habit of
interfering with Alsamixer settings when you login to KDE.

The way this appears to work is this.

When you bootup /usr/sbin/alsactl restore is run, which restores Alsamixers
settings to the state they were in when you shutdown. When you get to the
login stage Alsamixers settings are correct, but when you login to KDE, Kmix
(if the restore volumes at login box is checked) changes Alsamixers settings
to whatever was the default in Kmix.

It's worth a try.

Nigel.