How to remove "Most Used Applications" from main menu

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Feb 17 19:03:05 GMT 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 19:32, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 17 February 2007 19:17, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Thanks Kevin. Job done.
> >
> > I'd like to say that I really appreciate the usually very quick response
> > to questions posted to the list.
>
> Well, I just can't overcome the temptation of answering a question I
> already know the answer to, but I should probably wait few more minutes to
> let other people on the list get a chance of engaging in user support
> activities, after all I am regularily advertising it as a form of
> contributing to KDE :)
>
> But then again, isn't the challenge of answering faster than me even a
> bigger incentive? ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

There's no chance of me answering a question faster than anyone else. Most of
the questions I can answer are to do with sound problems. I try to take into
consideration the knowledge of the person asking the question, and then ask
for more specific info that may help them to solve their problem, along with
some suggestions. 30 mins later, and I havn't posted my reply yet, 4 replies
have turned up in the inbox, but no matter, as sometimes my replies have
helped someone to fix a problem.

The way I look at it is that many folks have helped me, so if I can give a bit
back by helping someone else with a problem, then that's the way to go, and
is a contribution to the Linux community.

I do admit that I keep emails for a few days that say thanks for your help,
that's fixed the problem, but my excuse is that I'm living alone with my dog,
and it's just nice to know that there's someone out there that appreciates my
help.

Nigel.