Change sound settings globally

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:38:34 GMT 2007

On 1.2.2007 20:31:48 Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:24:35 +0200
>
> Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I want to configure the KDE sound system in a way so that the
> > > Enlightened sound daemon is taken a output device, but not only for
> > > one user, but for all users.
> > >
> > > My first attempt was to change the settings for one user and then
> > > copy the file kcmartsrc to the global KDE configuration directory,
> > > but that did not work as expected.
> >
> > If it is a home computer, you could do this manually for each user. It
> > will  definitely save time.
>
> No, it is not a home a computer, it will be a Linux terminal server
> where I do not
> even have the necessary access rights to change per-user settings
> (because the home
> directories are on a network file system).

Well, I think that user's settings have priority when configuring user
specific settings of the KDE environment. If you don't have administrative
access to their homedirectories, I don't think you'll be able to force such
settings.

Anyone else? Is there a way to restrict some of the user settings
administratively?

--
Blade hails you...

My fall will be for you