Konqueror system:/media question wrt HAL

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Thu Dec 20 14:29:25 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I'd like to know how to "add" an entry to the system:/media URL. I have
KDE 3.5.7 running on Gentoo, HAL/DBUS is installed. All's fine except
one little issue.

I disabled HAL's polling feature on my DVD-ROM/-RW drives (hdc and hdd)
and I want to keep it that way. But now both hdc and hdd never show up
in system:/media.

I don't mind that the KDE media manager doesn't pop up when popping a
disc into one of the drives. But I would like to have "static" entries
for hdc and hdd in system:/media, meaning these entries should be
visible even when the drives are empty.

Is there some hidden setup for the media manager where one can do such
things and that I haven't found yet?

Thanks all
Sebastian