no startkde scripts for KDE4

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Dec 19 00:28:42 GMT 2007

kitts's messages:
> On Tuesday 18 Dec 2007 11:41:20 am Franklin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just downloaded the kde4 rc2 sources, then compiled and installed
> > successfully.  However, I could not find the "startkde" script for KDE4
> > in the installed directory.  I also tried to search it in the source
> > code, and nothing found either.  Could anyone please tell me where to get
> > this script?
>
> It should be in /your/kde4/install/dir/bin
>
> I built from SVN on this sunday and its there. I think it comes from the
> kdebase module.

Thank you for your reply.

However, I downloaded kdebase-3.97.0.tar.bz2 from kde.org, and there was no
such script inside.  Neither in the kdebase-runtime module.

May someone please have a look at this?  I'll try to get it from another way,
but I think that if this script should be packed in kdebase module, we may
need someone to check if it was there.

Thanks.

Regards,
Franklin