improving the error messages dialogs and logging

xpol linux_milano at yahoo.it
Mon Dec 3 13:08:04 GMT 2007

Sometimes error message dialog (especially from kontact) starts as icon, in
a different workplace, so  that the application (kontact) hangs,  the user
being  unable to figure out the reason why.
Sometimes error message dialog opens unseen, behind other windows.

How to fix that wierd behaviour?

Moreover, crash messages while shutting down the machine freeze the shut
down process.  I am sure that is not user's expected behaviour. Rather,
logging the error messages, with some more informations, in a special file
would be very useful. I hope the next kde release will improve the error
messages and logging facility.

--
Pol