konqueror displayed infos

Alexander alexander.nofamilyname at gmx.net
Mon Aug 27 11:16:32 BST 2007

On Saturday 25 August 2007, pol wrote:
> I would like to customize informations displayed when hovering above folder
> icons.
> My current need is to get info about the actual space used by that folder
> sub-tree, as output from 'du -s'
> Any hints?
>
> thank you
>
> --
> Pol

There are tools like KDirStat that are very! helpfull when finding out what takes up space on you disks.
I don't know a way to do what you exactly asked.
Keep in mind that if you manage to get this working then your harddrive will get really busy.
Because of that i would not use "du -s" on every folder every time i hover over it.
But maybe there are great tools out there that can do something like this in a friendly way (maybe with caching of foldersize).

Greetings,
Alexander