inserting table into konsole

Ainsley Pereira kde at pebble.org.uk
Tue Aug 14 13:19:21 BST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 01:46:04PM +0200, pol wrote:
> How to open a new tab into a running konsole, from the terminal?
> I guess a dcop instruction would do the trick. Any hints?

You can do:

SID=$(dcop konsole-<processid> konsole newSession)
dcop konsole-<processid> $SID renameSession <new name>

to open a new session and give it a name.
(kdcop is a great way to find out what's available, btw).

> How to give each kconsole a custom name?

Don't think you can do that, though you could loop over all the konsoles
and find one that has a particular session or something. (I have a
script that launches a konsole and remembers its PID, then opens a
bunch of tabs in that one, but if you want to manipulate an already
running konsole you'll have to do something different).

~Ainsley