Right click and eject zip disk

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Wed Aug 1 15:29:26 BST 2007

Hello.

I have installed Gentoo Linux on a macintosh g3 (blue).  Things are
working great, except for one problem.

I have KDE setup to automatically show the icons for any external
media.  This system has a zip drive and a cdrom.  Both show on the
desktop as they should.

--BUT--

When the zip drive is "right-clicked", there is no option for eject in
the menu!  This is a macintosh, remember, and they do not have an
eject button on the case.  This computer is to go to a normal user who
knows nothing about the command line.  I am trying to keep this as
intuitable and consistent as possible.

I have looked through the entire kde directory tree, and cannot find
the desktop file for the "Zip Disk" file which auto-populates on each
users desktop.  I thought if I could find it, I could hack it and add
an eject statement, but it is nowhere to be found on my entire hard
drive.

Can someone  please help?

Thanks!