klipper regexp

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:26:41 BST 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 02:54 am, pol wrote:
> I can't trigger an action when a string of characters, followed
> by at least one space has been selected. Here is the regexp:
>      [a-zA-Z]+[a-zA-Z]+[\s]+
>
> While regexp [a-zA-Z]+[a-zA-Z]+  works correctly, adding [\s]+
> seems to inhibit any action.

I am far from a regexp expert, but sometimes I get lucky.  Since no one else
has replied so far, these would be my suggestions:

Test the regex in some other application where testing is easier.  (I tested
it in kate (2.4.2) and it works there, so that didn't help.)

In my testing I confirmed (to myself) that you don't need the square brackets
arount the \s--try \s+ or(\s)+.

Good luck!
Randy Kramer