When are .config/menus/* read?

Erik Forsberg forsberg-+4tYiAq3b6azQB+pC5nmwQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 30 07:53:40 GMT 2006

Hi!

We have an application that generates menus for users by modifying
~/.config/menus/kde-applications.menu before kde is started.

Now we've started to see problems with KDE not picking up the changes
until we run a kbuildsycoca. Earlier, this was not a problem, but with
recent KDE, for example the KDE shipped in SLED10 and SuSE10 (KDE
3.5.something), a kbuildsycoca run is needed.

Is this behaviour a bug or feature? Can I change some setting to make
KDE always read .config/menus/* on startup?

Thanks,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00