Konqueror and Java

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Tue Oct 24 12:31:29 BST 2006

People,

I'm having some difficulties to run java applets in Konqueror. Some of them
malfunction and others do not work at all.
For example, try to open http://www.itautrade.com.br
Here, the applet starts to load and then I get the message "Falha no sistema"
(which means "System failure").
The applet works fine in Firefox, using the very same JVM (Sun 1.5.0_08).
Is this a known bug? Or is it a configuration problem? Does this site work for
you?
Another thing, how do I enable Java persistently in Konqueror? Is it necessary
to activate it every time Konqueror is opened?

Thanks,

Marcelo