Using dcop: automatic confirmation of popups

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Oct 21 15:21:02 BST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 18:45, Frank Reifenstahl wrote:

> > > 1. Every day at 8am I want kmail to fetch new mail.
> > > 2. Then all messages which have been moved to a specific folder should
> > > be processed by sa_learn
> > > 3. Now these messages should be moved to thrash (which I tried using
> > > the above dcop statement).
> >
> > Does sa_learn use the mbox of the folder after all messages have been
> > retrieved?
> > Or does it check every mail as it comes in?
>
> I excluded sa_learn from filters for incoming mail, it's slowing down the
> fast-as-a-snail filter process of kmail too much. Instead I'm
> running "sa-learn -L --spam ~/Mail/SPAM/cur" from time to time on all
> messages in my SPAM folder.

I see.
Hmm, ugly but should work:
Stop KMail by dcop (quit action), remove the messages form the cur directory,
remove ~/Mail/.SPAM.index, restart KMail

Other option: change the expiration setting for the SPAM folder to one day,
old the mails from the previous day should then automatically be deleted.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer, KDE developer