konsole problems

Francesco Pietra frapietra at alice.it
Mon Oct 9 18:01:13 BST 2006

Reinstalled debian i386 etch, kernel 2.6.15 I experince problems with kde
konsole:

Trying to run user commands in konsole, I got message

 'Konsole is unable to open a PTY (pseudo teletype). It is likely that this is
due to an incorrect configuration of PTY device. Konsole needs to have
read/write access to the PTY device'

Problems with /dev/pts ownership? If so, where to change property?

 Then, trying to get the root shell, it did not accept the Administrator
password with warning:

 'The program 'su' is not found; make sure your PATH is set correctly'.

Normally PATH is to be told to kdm, though I do not use kdm. At any
event, ./bashrc is in order.

Thanks for advice

francesco pietra