font size, dpi and rendering in KDE and Gnome

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Oct 4 14:16:47 BST 2006

On 06/10/04 14:48 (GMT+0200) Dexter Filmore apparently typed:

> Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2006 19:35 schrieb Felix Miata:

>> OSX is designed for a limited and well tested hardware set.

> Limitied? I can attach any other display to a Mac...

"Hardware set" includes a lot more than displays.

> X.Org, GTK, KDE/QT are pretty monolithic.

Pango/Cairo and fontconfig certainly are not. Any idea how many ways there are to set Xft.dpi?
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped."				Psalm 28:7 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409