At last - Kmail spam filtering - Help and a note for kde developers.

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 15:12:39 GMT 2006

Thanks I've finally found the help file on the mail filters. It can be got to
on my system by hitting help in the anti spam wizard and following a link to
filters in that. Help in the configure filters window doesn't seem to offer a
route to the same information.

Unfortunately commitments prevent me from helping for some time. One day
maybe. There is also an issue on language skills - I have never had the time
to get on stream with c++. Mostly assembler then C and others. This fact and
the scripting facilities available in linux is probably what gave rise to my
suggestion. That in any case would probably be better placed within linux
rather than kde.

Off Topic but: For any one else who is interested in an easier route to
writing programs for their systems the following link may be of interest.
Basic can make an excellent scripting language too. The learning curve isn't
too steep and a complex program will soon illustrate why structure and naming
etc is important:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/basic.shtml

Unfortunately many of the offerings seem to be purely compiler based which
looses some of the advantages gained from the original concept especially for
a novice user. Syntax could be checked by simply typing the commands.

--
Regards
John

Suse 10.0