kmail is not opening files in vim

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:08:38 GMT 2006

I'm sure gvim can be called the same way, but I don't use gvim so I couldn't
test it out.

The script your using is really more of a hack than a fix. All it does is
call up konsole (the KDE terminal) and asks it to execute a command, (vim
$1) where '$1' is the first option on the "command line" in your case it is
the name of the file you are trying to open.

On 11/17/06, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kamaraju at bluebottle.com> wrote:

> On Friday 17 November 2006 14:39, Justin Denick wrote:
> > I think vim is a terminal application. Meaning you must first open a
> > terminal and then you must call vim with the file you want to edit.
> >

> > create a text file and enter the following into it. Then use this file
> > open the attachment.
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > konsole -e vim $1
>
> This method is working and I can open an attachment in vim. Is there any
> trick
> to get gvim working as well? Currently when I open the application with
> gvim,
> a blank gvim windows opens up without any content in it. Any ideas?
>
> thanks
> raju

In vino veritas.
        [In wine there is truth.]