all digitally signed emails showing as bad

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 22:37:05 GMT 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 09:55, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> You are missing the point here.
Well, I don't think so ;-) But maybe my explanation was a bit too short on the
reasons why the signature is red-flagged by KMail.

I agree that most of the time, it is "red" (a shorthand to say that it can't
be trusted for whatever reason) because that key isn't in my web of trust.

> ...but you don't know who that owner is actually. (I could
> easily create a keypair that states my name is Bill Gates... now you
> wouldn't believe that, would you?)
This is more or less what I wrote - but maybe you stated it more clearly.

Just to conclude, my point was mainly to show that the message displayed by
KMail changes when the signature doesn't match the content (compared to an
unknown sig).

Cheers
--
Michel